Have you heard of some luxury residential areas in Japan? And do you want to know and discover luxurious residential areas in Japan?
Japan is famous for its strong economic structure and the development of ultra-luxury residential areas and apartments. There are many varieties of residential areas in Japan that can be classified by their price, forms, lifestyles, and environmental features.
When talking about luxury residential areas, Japan has lots of standard areas to offer.
They made luxurious residential areas in Japan accessible and convenient for their residents; they were near transportation, shopping malls, gardens, commercial buildings, and many more.
- Related: Most Popular Cities in Kansas To Live In
- Related: Popular Japanese Cities To Live In
In this article, we’ll tell you about 10 opulent neighbourhoods in Japan.
Which is the most luxurious residential areas in Japan?
Some of the most luxurious residential areas in Japan include Minato Ward in Tokyo, Roppongi Hills in Tokyo, Kobe in Hyogo Prefecture, Karuizawa in Nagano Prefecture, and Yamate in Yokohama. These areas offer high-end residences, fine dining, and stunning views, making them popular among wealthy residents and vacationers.
Popular Luxurious Residential Areas In Japan
Roppongi Hills Residence
It is a private apartment in Tokyo’s Minato-ku neighborhood. The residence is well-known for its lavish lifestyle and surroundings, and it is claimed to be Japan’s most costly home per square meter. Rent varies from 460,000 to 1,820,000 yen..
The Roppongi Hills shopping and business complex is not the sole draw to this area.
Some of the amenities provided to tenants and residents at Roppongi Hills include beauty salon treatments, a sky lounge, a sauna, a swimming pool, and a 9-screen premiere cinema complex.
In addition, there are offices, a child care facility, banks, a clinic, and a post office at the residence.
This Roppongi Hills residence is truly qualified for living; everything is reasonably accessible to you.
- Accessible locations, especially in transportation
- Walking distance of not more than 9 minutes to the three nearby stations.
- Quality facilities and secured residences.
- Earthquake protection, Disaster Proofed, Disaster Planning, and many more!
Address: 6 Chome-12-4 Roppongi, Minato City, Tokyo 106-0032, Japan
Toranomon Hills Residence
The lavish residential tower is known for the Hills Life—the lifestyle quote poses living forms within the tower because it aims to promote a lively urban culture for the residents.
The Hills Life Tower includes a spa, a dining room, a gallery, a library, and opulent guest suites for residents’ visitors. The highlighted view of the city will also add to the enjoyment of the entire experience.
- City views and green spaces are good for relaxing.
- Convenient area
- Accessible for all residents and nearby 4 stations; walking distance, not more than 13 mins.
- Facilities and Equipment would not be a problem.
“Modern residential building that offers everything a person could wish for.”
– Matthias Waldkircher
“The entrance is a little confusing on the north side of the building. Don’t mistake it for Andaz. Once inside, it was a different world in many ways.”
– Tomoyuki Nakazato
Address: 1 Chome-1-1 Atago, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0002, Japan.
From outside of Japan: +81-3-6406-6654
To know more, visit: https://www.toranomonhills-residentialtower.com/en/
City Tower Azabu-Juban
Azabu-Juban Tower is 129m tall and was established in 2009.
The floor-to-ceiling glass windows that provide panoramic views of the city are one of the building’s characteristics that will wow you. Numerous tourist sites, such as Tokyo Skyscraper, Momiji Waterfall, and Shiba Rikyu Gardens Observatory, are conveniently located near this apartment tower.
The availability of rooms in the tower could cost you around 380,000 to 888,000 yen.
- Concierge, Sky lounge, Guest parking, Coach entrance, and Guest suites ● Accessibility for transportation
- 4 stations nearby; walking distance, not more than 13 minutes.
Address: 1 Chome-6-3 Mita, Minato City, Tokyo 108-0073, Japan
The Park House Gran Minami Aoyama
A lavish condominium can be found in Minamiaoyama, Minato-Ku, Tokyo.
Due to the great demand for the interests of the tenants, the apartment price ranges from 1,900,000 to 3,460,000 yen/sqm.
There are various attractions in this neighborhood, including the Central Fitness Club, the Aoyama Flower Market Tea House, the Taro Okamoto Memorial Museum, and many others.
- Recommendable Environment
- 3- 4 minutes walking distance stations
- Convenient place considering living in
“The place is the best because it is one step inside. Also, the area around the entrance is very spacious and comfortable. However, the room is small and the structure is not good. The view from the window is not good at all. It can’t be helped because it’s in a low-rise city. The underground parking lot is flat and very spacious. I feel like I can do maintenance. Because it is a slope, you can get out of the car immediately. Luxury cars such as Ferrari were lined up.” – Eijiroh Kanoh
“ English service is provided, which is convenient for foreigners.”
Address: 5 Chome-4-11 Minamiaoyama, Minato City, Tokyo 107-0062, Japan Contact: +81 120-108-393
Minatomirai Mid Square The tower Residence
Minatomirai Mid Square is a 31-story residential apartment building in Kanagawa Prefecture. The tower was completed in 2007.
A ferry terminal in Yokohama is close by, and this tower is surrounded by businesses that are convenient for nearby homes.
Inside the tower, you are welcomed with a sense of luxury and tranquil greenery. The tower is so breathtakingly gorgeous that you would rather like to live there in order to relax, have fun, and take stunning images.
- Excellent and convenient environment considering living in
- Poses Luxury lifestyles
- Friendly Staff and Quiet Environment
Address: 4-7-1, (tsuginobiruonozoku), Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan.
Grand Maison Shin-Umeda Tower
Green areas and a luxurious entrance would greet you as you entered the tower.
The nightlife from the tower’s vantage point will exceed your happiness with the city at night. The room is available for about 410,000 yen. The neighborhood is largely bordered by various brands of convenience stores and a neighboring park.
However, many people complain that the manager and caretaker have unappealing attitudes.
- Fully Equipped household materials
- Relaxing place
“ I asked an elderly man who was the caretaker about how to ride the elevator, but for some reason, it was a very high-pressure and very unpleasant response. Residents should be aware that his presence is degrading the condominium.”
“ I think it’s good! The location is good and not disturbed by the building. The night view is beautiful, but the night view that can be seen from the upper floors is a little more because a high-rise condominium of the Gran system is under construction next to it.” – long Lee (ゾロエフ)
Address: 2 Chome-1-1 Oyodo Minami, Kita Ward, Osaka, 531-0075, Japan
Sakae Tower Hills
The lavish Sakae Tower Hills has 156 units. Those units can be classified into 5 levels. This means each level has a reflection of luxury lifestyles.
The surrounding area of Sakae Tower is a great opportunity for its residents to discover more attractions within the city. Those attractions are walking destinations; Nagoya Museums, commercial buildings; the Hachiman Shrine and Park; shopping malls; and entertainment facilities.
- Accessible stations for transportation; walking distance.
- Recommendable Facilities and Services.
“ It is a very tall and conspicuous building. Even the night view seen from Nagoya Station can be found immediately beyond Shirakawa Park (Naka Ward, Nagoya City).” – 酒遊庵さくら本家・村澤忠
“It is a high-rise apartment with a smart impression as seen from a distance, but the design of the large round window is quite unique when you go near it. It seems that a history museum is attached here. As a history fan, with expectations ★ I made five. It is near Yaba-cho and Osu, and the point is high that access is good!”
Address: 3 Chome-35-34 Sakae, Naka Ward, Nagoya, Aichi 460-0008, Japan
Contact: +81 52-243-0033
To know more, visit: https://www.tower-hills.com/sakae/en/
The Parkhouse Fukuoka Tower East
The Fukuoka skyscrapers were completed in 2020. This 28-story tower houses 292 apartments. Some of those units can be purchased or rented for a total of 124,326,000 yen. Other units are only available for rent and are restricted to certain age groups.
The East Tower, which has 292 residential units, is near Mark Is Fukuoka Momochi, a sizable retail center with 163 stores, a theater, and eateries.
- Unique Features
- Security assurance
“ Great at the BMW Balcom Concierge! The view is outstanding, the shopping is close, and the management association is also excellent considering the residents. It is the best condominium that supports SECOM and you can live with peace of mind.”
Address: 2 Chome-2-5 Jigyohama, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, 810-0065, Japan
To know more, visit: https://www.mec-h.com/mt-selection/detail/M01193
Hiroo Homes and Tower
Is a well-known, elegant, huge condominium tower and rental apartment building for family tenants. The Hiroo Homes building contains 69 units for sale or rent, whereas the apartments are only for rent.
This residential area is known for its accessibility due to nearby most visited places such as Hiroo walking streets, the national Azabu supermarket, Hiroo stations, international schools, and Arisugawa-no-Miya memorial park.
- This residential area is convenient for people due to nearby
- It is foreign friendly residential area since there are English-speaking shops and service providers.
- Perfect for green spaces because the residential area has Hiroo Garden Hills and Forest.
Address: 2 Chome-6-19 Hiroo, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan.
Nanpeidai Hill Top House
If you are looking for a property type that contains both a house and an apartment and is suitable for four family members or more, the Nanpeidai Hilltop Rental Apartment would be ideal.
Furthermore, if you dislike the hustle and bustle of city life and prefer a more relaxed style of living, the tranquil setting at Nanpeidai Hilltop Rental Apartment might be ideal for you. The four-story white rental apartment with a basement level is located in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo.
- Accessible location especially in transportation.
- Walking distance, not more than 13 minutes
- Has features of facilities and types of equipment
- Automatic Locks, Aircon, Security Camera & many more!
Address: 6-18 Nanpeidaicho, Shibuya, Tokyo, 150-0036, Japan.
Minato Ward, Tokyo
Minato Ward in Tokyo is considered to be a good residential area. It is one of the most exclusive and expensive neighborhoods in Tokyo, known for its high-end shopping, fine dining, and stunning views of Tokyo Bay.
Minato Ward is also home to many international embassies, making it a popular area for expats and diplomats.
The neighborhood is well-connected by public transportation, with easy access to other parts of Tokyo, and has a low crime rate.
However, living in Minato Ward can be quite expensive, with high rents and property prices, and it may not be a good fit for those on a tight budget.
In addition to its amenities and location, Minato Ward also offers a wide range of cultural and recreational activities.
The area is home to several museums, including the National Art Center Tokyo and the Suntory Museum of Art, as well as many parks and green spaces, such as the famous Hamarikyu Gardens.
The Tokyo Tower, a popular tourist attraction and one of the city’s most recognizable landmarks is also located in Minato Ward.
Overall, Minato Ward is a desirable residential area for those looking for a high-end lifestyle in the heart of Tokyo.
Its convenient location, cultural attractions, and safety make it a popular choice for both Japanese and international residents.
However, the high cost of living in Minato Ward may be prohibitive for some, so it’s important to carefully consider your budget and priorities before deciding to live there.
There are several advantages of living in Minato Ward, Tokyo. Here are a few:
- Convenient location: Minato Ward is located in the heart of Tokyo, making it easy to access other parts of the city for work, entertainment, and shopping. The area is well-connected by public transportation, with several subway and train lines running through it.
- High-end amenities: Minato Ward is known for its high-end shopping, fine dining, and luxury hotels. The neighborhood is home to many international brands and designer boutiques, as well as Michelin-starred restaurants and trendy cafes.
- Safety: Minato Ward has a low crime rate, making it a safe place to live. The area is also home to several police stations and emergency services, providing residents with peace of mind.
- Cultural attractions: Minato Ward is home to several museums and cultural attractions, including the National Art Center Tokyo, the Suntory Museum of Art, and the Tokyo Tower. There are also many parks and green spaces in the area, providing residents with a welcome escape from the bustle of the city.
- International community: Minato Ward is home to many expats and international residents, as well as several embassies and consulates. This makes the neighborhood a diverse and welcoming place to live, with many opportunities to meet people from all over the world.
Overall, living in Minato Ward offers a high-end lifestyle in a convenient and safe location, with plenty of cultural and recreational activities to enjoy.
However, the high cost of living may be a deterrent for some, so it’s important to carefully consider your budget and priorities before deciding to move there.
Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture
Kobe in Hyogo Prefecture is considered to be a luxurious residential area in Japan.
Kobe is a coastal city known for its high-end residential areas, including Kitano, where many Western-style mansions from the late 19th century still stand, and Rokko Island, a man-made island with luxury apartments and waterfront homes.
Kitano is one of the most prestigious residential areas in Kobe, with tree-lined streets, historic buildings, and stunning views of the city and the sea.
The area is home to many foreign consulates and embassies, as well as several international schools, making it popular among expats and diplomats.
Rokko Island is a modern and upscale neighborhood located on a man-made island in Kobe’s harbor.
The area is home to luxury apartments, waterfront homes, and high-end shopping and dining options.
In addition to its high-end residential areas, Kobe is also known for its beautiful parks and gardens, including the Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden and the Sorakuen Garden, as well as its vibrant cultural scene, with many museums, theaters, and galleries.
Overall, Kobe is a desirable place to live for those seeking a luxurious lifestyle in a beautiful coastal city with a rich cultural heritage.
Here are several advantages of living in Kobe in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan. Here are a few:
- Beautiful natural scenery: Kobe is located on the coast of the Seto Inland Sea and surrounded by mountains, providing stunning natural scenery. The area is home to many parks and gardens, including the Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden and the Sorakuen Garden, providing residents with plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
- High-end residential areas: Kobe has several high-end residential areas, including Kitano and Rokko Island, with luxury apartments, waterfront homes, and beautiful architecture. These areas offer a high standard of living and a sense of exclusivity.
- Rich cultural heritage: Kobe has a rich cultural heritage, with many museums, theaters, and galleries. The area is also known for its historic buildings and monuments, including the Kitano Ijinkan, a collection of Western-style mansions from the late 19th century.
- Convenient location: Kobe is well-connected by public transportation, making it easy to access other parts of the Kansai region, including Osaka and Kyoto. The area is also home to several international schools, making it popular among expats and families.
- Vibrant food scene: Kobe is known for its high-quality beef and seafood, as well as its famous Chinatown, Nankinmachi. The area is home to many high-end restaurants and cafes, providing residents with plenty of options for dining out.
Overall, living in Kobe offers a high standard of living, beautiful natural scenery, rich cultural heritage, and convenient access to other parts of the Kansai region. The area is also known for its safety and cleanliness, making it a desirable place to live for families, professionals, and retirees alike.
What is the richest suburb in Japan?
The richest areas in Japan include Minato Ward in Tokyo, Ashiya in Hyogo Prefecture, and Kamakura in Kanagawa Prefecture. These areas are known for their high-end real estate, luxury shopping and dining, and beautiful natural scenery. In general, urban areas like Tokyo and Osaka tend to have higher average incomes and living costs than rural areas, but there are wealthy communities throughout Japan.
What is the richest suburb in Japan?
The richest areas in Japan include Minato Ward in Tokyo, Ashiya in Hyogo Prefecture, and Kamakura in Kanagawa Prefecture.
These areas are known for their high-end real estate, luxury shopping and dining, and beautiful natural scenery.
In general, urban areas like Tokyo and Osaka tend to have higher average incomes and living costs than rural areas, but there are wealthy communities throughout Japan.
What is the posh residential area of Tokyo?
One of the most posh and prestigious residential areas in Tokyo is Minato Ward. It is known for its upscale neighborhoods, high-end shopping and dining, and proximity to major business centers.
Some of the most luxurious areas within Minato Ward include Azabu, Hiroo, and Roppongi Hills.
These areas are home to luxury apartments, mansions, and villas, many of which offer stunning views of Tokyo Tower and other iconic landmarks.
Minato Ward is also home to many foreign embassies and international schools, making it popular among expats and diplomats.
Overall, Minato Ward is a desirable place to live for those seeking a luxurious lifestyle in the heart of Tokyo.
Where do rich people live in Kyoto?
Kyoto is a city with a rich cultural heritage and many historic neighborhoods, but it does not have a specific area that is known as a “rich” or affluent neighborhood in the same way that Tokyo’s Minato Ward or other major cities do.
However, some areas within Kyoto are known for their high-end real estate and luxury living, such as:
- Higashiyama: This historic neighborhood is located in the eastern part of Kyoto and is known for its traditional architecture, temples, and stunning natural scenery. Some parts of Higashiyama have luxury villas and high-end residential buildings.
- Kamigyo Ward: Kamigyo Ward is located in the northern part of Kyoto and is known for its quiet and upscale residential areas, including the Kuramaguchi and Kamigyo neighborhoods.
- Sakyo Ward: Sakyo Ward is located in the northeastern part of Kyoto and is known for its high-end real estate and stunning natural scenery. The Takaragaike and Yoshida neighborhoods are particularly popular among affluent residents.
Overall, Kyoto is a city that values its cultural heritage and traditional way of life, so even in areas with luxury housing, the focus is often on preserving the historic character of the neighborhood.